LUNA Novisch Period Experiments
Welcome to the home page of the LUNA Novisch Period Experiments! Here you find the Experiment List, Active Turfs, Current Standings, Updates from the Pointmaster, and rules on how to compete in the LUNA Novisch Period.
The competition is between four teams: BUG, GLuFS, LEMUR, and SNYS. BUG are the biologists, GLuFS are the physicists, LEMUR are the mathematicians and chemists, and SNYS are the environmental scientists; physical geographers; and geologists.
Here you find important information regarding the novisch period competition
Do not break the law.
There are 3 main ways for you and your team to earn points.
- Competing in our big events
- Here you compete against the other teams to earn 100, 75, 50, 25 points. These are events such as ANO and others marked in the Novisch Period calendar
- If your mascot is late, your team gets minus 1 point per minute, for a total of minus 15 points
- Doing Experiments
- Here you take photos or videos of you and your friends, performing your interpretation of the experiments in the Experiment List. The more team members and the funnier the interpretation is, the more bonus points you can get!
- Doing Turfs
- A Turf is a type of Experiment, listed in the Experiment List. Here you take a photo of a minimum of 4 team members, with the mascot+flag from the same perspective as the original photo. The original photos are found in the Active Turfs section. Each turf is worth 15 points, but bonus points can be awarded if additional team members participate, or if you do something cool/funny/spexy!!
- Look at the Experiment List to find which Experiments has not already been done. Experiments can only be done ONCE PER TEAM, and is crossed over when all teams have completed said quest.
- Read the Experiment description and make an interpretation of how it can be done in a funny way. If the description sounds impossible, for example, “Party with the eternal leader (Note, There is only one eternal leader)”, you should make an interpretation of the Experiment and perform it to your best ability. The better and funnier, the more points. However, if it sounds impossible, but also kinda isn’t impossible we do expect you to try LEGALLY. If your attempt is not deemed sufficient, the Pointmaster will answer your email with details of what is expected.
- Turfs are a special kind of Experiment where you take a photo of at least four team members, with the mascot + flag from the same perspective as the original photo. A turf can only be taken once so you better hurry to get them before the other teams do!
- Complete these Experiments by taking photographs, video, or other ways of documentation.
- Send the photo/video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As the topic of the email put “ >team name<, >experiment number: experiment description<” (Just copy paste it from the quest list)
- For example:
- BUG,1: Work out the outdoor gym in winter clothing 5p
- GLuFS,21: Adopt a pet rock 5p
- LEMUR,40: Prove that the high ground is superior 5p
- SNYS,9: Fence with the bulls 5p
- Nothing more, nothing less
- Check your email in case you get a reply about any issues with the submission
- If you can’t send the video for some reason (file too big or otherwise) upload it to YouTube and email the link to email@example.com
- If you are sending in a Turf you did you should put your team name that you are sending in as the topic of the email
- Each Experiment can be done once per team unless otherwise stated.
- You cannot combine several quests into one submission, i.e one video covers more than one quest.
- When an Experiment submission has been approved, your team can be awarded two types of points
- Base point is the points that simply completing an experiment gives you. This is the value indicated in the Experiment List.
- Bonus point is extra points awarded to you by the Pointmaster. The value of the bonus point is subjective, but doing an Experiment with more teammates, humor, the mascot, the flag and a funny interpretation of the experiment description leads to more bonus points. More difficult Experiments can often give more bonus points.
The current (most recently updated) standings are displayed here, however sometimes the page will have trouble updating due to your cache, so if you think it hasn’t updated try clearing your cache or opening the page in incognito mode.
- BUG – 1747 Points
- GLuFS – 1547 Points
- SNYS – 840 Points
- Lemur – 749 Points
- FUF – 5 Points
- Mentor team – 1 Point
Updates From The Pointmaster
Well done on the ANO today! The points for that and the latest quests will go up on the website during the day!
There’s also been some turfs taken! I’ve added some new ones as well so go out and get em! Normally turfs can only be taken by one team but since GLuFS and BUG were so close to each other I will give GLuFS full points and BUG almost full points for being just 18 minutes late.
That’s all for me today, have fun on the TDC!
I’m still not done with going through all the quests, you sent in a couple of hundred of them in total. They should hopefully all be updated by the end of the day though!
I’d just like to remind you that you need to include your team name in the email, or I can’t give you any points since I don’t know who sent them in.
One more thing!
Turfs are active now!
You can find them, and the rules for how to acquire them, at https://www.lundsnaturvetarkar.se/novisch/experiments. They all give at least 15 points each so they’re a great way to get some nice points! 8 are up so far but more will be put up as the novisch period goes on.
Good luck everyone, and see you around
What’s going on gamers
You’ve all done an amazing job with the quests today. So well in fact that it’s too much for me to go through in one day. The standings on the website have about half of the sent in quests accounted for, with especially LEMUR having a lot of ones that I haven’t gotten to yet. I should be able to get through the remaining quests after my lectures tomorrow so keep a lookout for changes in the standings during the evening then.
Keep up the good work everyone.
Wow, yall did a great job today at the capture the flag game!
The winner was LEMUR! Sadly their mascot was not at today’s event but we hope to see it soon!!! 🙁
GLuFs helped us find svärdis, they seem to run away a lot…
After some days of questing the standings are:
BUG – 310 Points
GLuFS – 287 Points
Lemur – 188 Points
SNYS – 179 Points
We hope you take advantage of the opportunity to ask your mentors for help with quests during tomorrow’s mentor co-op event!!!!
What’s crackalackin’ everyone.
We have made some changes to the questlist, so double check before doing a quests that it’s still there.
If a team has already done a quest that has been removed we will remove those points as well, to make sure all teams have the potential to earn the same amount of points.
That is unfortunately all I have to say, still going through all the quests you’ve sent in, so the points will slowly be updated.
Keep doing the great work you’ve been doing so far and see some of you at the pubsittning tonight.
The novisch period has finally started<3<3<3
I hope everyone had a fun day today as we had our first big competition, congratulations BUG who won the soap games and thereby taking the lead, but do not fear, there are still quests to complete and many more competitions to come.
If you missed it, the results of the soap games were:
1. BUG – 100pts
2. SNYS – 75pts
3. LEMUR – 50pts (+50 for finding Svärdis )
4. GLuFS – 25pts
See you tomorrow for BBQ and chill!
Finally got the code for the pointmaster system to work 🙂