Student Complaints


The form at the bottom of this page is used to notify the Presidium about your complaint. Are you just here for the form?

This place includes descriptions of what who you can turn to within the union and what the union can do to help you with your issue. You can also find information and contact information for many different types of help and support available at the university and in Lund here.

What is a Student Complaint?

As a student union, The Science Student Union strives to influence the education and the study environment at the Faculty of Science for the better. A student complaint can be anything related to your time at the University, big or small. Everything from a report or an exam not being graded in time to cases of harassment. The union is here to help!

Read about the seven categories of student complaints

Student complaints are often divided into seven larger categories;

Administration & Information:

Complaints in this category may concern course plans, schedules and literature lists, but also how information has been provided from faculty, department or teacher to the student. This category also contains complaints relating to appeal and registration of test results in LADOK.


Complaints in this category may concern accreditation, exemption, admission prerequisites, registration and tuition fees in the admission process.


Complaints in this category may concern cheating, disturbing or hindering teaching or other activities causing a disturbance in the education.


Complaints in this category may concern grades, compulsory components and exam rules. This category also contains complaints relating to anonymous exams and change of supervisor/examiner.

Study Environment:

This category covers a wide area relating both to the physical working environment and the psychosocial working environment. Complaints in this category may concern ventilation, noise and lighting etc. for the physical working environment as well as stress, harassment, offensive treatment and various forms of bullying for the psychosocial working environment. Discrimination is also included in this category and follows the seven grounds for discrimination.


Complaints in this category may concern internships, canceled courses, retrieval of resources but also supervision and matters related to degree projects.


Complaints in this category concerns matters outside of any of the six categories above. These may be beyond what the student union can influence but may still be the cause of a complaint, such as CSN or insurance.

Union Internal and Student Life 

Union internal can be conflicts between active members or any issues that has occurred during or is connected to the union activities or work. The management largely depend on who is involved but most conflict are managed through the presidium communicating with all involved parties and trying to find a solution. If a member in the presidium is involved and the student does not want to directly contact the person, the contact should be with the other member of the presidium, the inspector, a board member, or anonymously through the complaint form.

Issues with other parts of student life such as Studentlund  can often be solved directly by the presidium but some require contact with another organisation.

What can the union do?

The union has access to many resources both at the university and in the student life that can help you as a student in any situation you may find yourself in. The main contact for student complaints is the presidium and the chief safety officer (HSSO). These people are under professional secrecy and does not relay what they are told to anyone without the consent of the complainee.

The union presidium work full time for the students at the Faculty of Science and will give you their full attention in your matter. The presidium is easiest reached regarding student complaints via the form below. But if you prefer you can always email them at or stop by the office during opening hours.

The chief safety officer (HSSO) is responsible for organizing the student safety officers (SSO) at the various departments in their collective work in improving the physical and psychosocial working environment at the Faculty of Science. Both the HSSO and the SSOs receive training in handling student matters. The SSO at your department can be reached on their respective email addresses. The HSSO is easiest reached via email at

My Complaint

Depending on your complaint you may want to involve various amounts of people to solve your issue. When contacting the union regarding your issue in any way you are always the one deciding if you want to proceed with your matter. Your first contact with the union could be with one of our Student Safety Officers (SSO) at your department, with the Chief Safety Officer (HSSO) of the union or with the presidium.

All of our instances are under professional secrecy and will not relay what they are told to anyone without your consent. You can read more about the union’s non-disclosure agreement below

Non-disclosure Agreement

The non-disclosure agreement regulates how those who might handle sensitive information can spread that information to ensure that you feel safe when you report your issues.

Non-disclosure agreement

Below is a list of all positions that have signed the agreement.


Vice President

Board Members

Chief Safety Officer (HSSO)

Student Safety Officers (SSO)

Gender and Equality Committee Spokespersons

Chairpersons and Vice Chairpersons of the Student Councils

You are always encouraged to report your complaint using the form below; anonymously or not.

1) See external support above
2) See information about anonymity  below 

If you are anonymous when contacting the union, the management might be limited since the union can’t contact you with follow-up questions. You will also not be able to receive any reports on the progress with your issue.  If your report isn’t anonymous, the union will still keep your identity secret in the process if you do not wish otherwise. Some matters might require your identity but this will be managed in consultation with you.  

All matters will anonymously be reported to the Studentombud for statistics on student issues. They might also be used by the union in educational purposes if this is possible to do in complete anonymity.

Read more about the management in the Guideline for Student Issue Management.

Contact Information



If you are unsure who in the presidium to contact, you can reach the presidium as a group at

Gloria Kowal Johnson


Honia Rasul

Vice President

Student Safety Officer Responsible (HSSO)

Federica Calafiore

Chief Safety Officer

Student Safety Officer (SSO)

The Student Council SSOs will be elected at the respective Student Council Grand Meetings in September


Biology SSO *


Physics/Astronomy and Theoretical Physics/Medical Radiation Physics SSO *


Chemistry SSO *


 Mathematics SSO *


Environmental Science SSO *


Geology SSO *



* The SSO-emails are email groups containing that department’s SSOs, the student council chairperson, the HSSO and the presidium

Other Support

Below is description and contact information for support external to the union. You can always contact the union first to get guidance in where to turn.

The Student Ombudsman

The Student Ombudsman is a student service of Lund University Student Unions (LUS). This means that the help you get is on your conditions and with the procurement of your interests. The Student Ombudsman is mandated to assist unions and students at the University when they run into problems and issues related to their time of studies. No matter how small or how serious the problem is you can get help and this is of course free of charge.

Website: Email:     Phone: +46 70 456 66 13     Address: AF-Borgen, Sandgatan 2

The Student Health Center

The Student Health Centre offers counselling to Lund University students. Our staff work primarily with psychological problems that affect your ability to study, such as stress, worry, anxiety, depression, transitional issues and/or academic difficulties. This is in addition to other public and private health clinics where you can go for general medical issues, sexual health and contraception.

Website:     Phone: +46 46 222 43 77     Address: Paradisgatan 5B, Lund

The Student Chaplains

You are welcome to contact the Student chaplains regardless of your own faith and beliefs. If you need someone to talk to or help – we are there for you! All visits are free of charge and confidential. We are an English speaking team and the cathedral offers worships in English every week.

Website:     Email:

Primary Care

Care centres will help you on the day you fall ill, are injured or need advise about your health. Your care centre employs care staff with a broad range of competencies who can help you with the most common diseases, chronic diseases, many of the diseases that affect children and older people, mental health problems and various injuries. Care centres form the foundation on which both primary care and Skåne’s general health care rest. Primary care will, if needed, refer you to hospital care.

Website:     Phone (Healthcare Consulting): 1177

The Academic Support Centre

The academic support centre is a free service open to all students studying courses and programmes conducted in English at Lund University. We provide individual and group consultations (including feedback on texts), workshops and seminars on different topics.

Website: Email:

Pedagogical Support

If you have a disability, for example dyslexia, a visual impairment, or ADHD, and would like to study at Lund University, you can receive support during your studies.

Website: Email:

Young Adults Lund

Anyone between the age of 16 and 29 can contact Young adults. They can give support and help to anyone who is starting to or is feeling down, even if you don’t know why. They also give lectures and workshops.

Website:–hjalp/familj-barn-och-ungdom/unga-vuxna/     Adress: Magle Stora Kyrkogata 5


With us, you as a student can take loans up to SEK 20,000 with good conditions and low interest rates. You have the money on the account one or two banking days after your loan is granted. Kreditkassan is a student-driven foundation, owned by LUS, without any profit interest that has passed student loans to students since 1922. We never ask what you should have the money for or why you need to borrow.

Website: (Swedish)    

Email: Phone: +46 704-56 11 87 Address: AF-Borgen, Sandgatan 2


Everything you send in though this form can only be viewed by the Presidium of the Science student union.