The union parliament (RK) convened for its final meeting before the summer on the 31st of May.
First, RK was informed on the progress regarding the current operational plan and budget. Next, some by-elections for the upcoming operational year were held. The following people were elected:
- Selma Lindgren as Head of Corporate Relations
- Honia Rasul as ordinary and Gloria Kowal Johnson as alternate representatives in the LUS Ting
- Honia Rasul as ordinary representative in the LUS Elective Ting
- Honia Rasul as ordinary and Gloria Kowal Johnson as alternate representatives in the Academic Society (AF) Parliament
- Honia Rasul as ordinary and Gloria Kowal Johnson as alternate representatives in the Academic Society (AF) Scholarship Board
- Tom Brilioth as ordinary representative in the Academic Appointments Board
- Minoo Gandomi as Mentor Committee Member (term of office ends on the 31st of October 2022)
- Minoo Gandomi as Nomination Committee (Valb) Member
Next on the agenda were some regulatory documents. First, the RK discussed a draft for a brand new Directive for Utopia, and gave feedback to the board for their continued work with the Directive. The second document was the Policy for Economy and Agreements to which the RK approved on an update that addresses long term financial sustainability. The new version of this document will be available on the website today.
Finally, the parliament discussed and approved of the new operational plan and budget for the upcoming operational year!
The next meeting date is yet to be determined, but will take place after the summer.